Monday, February 5, 2007

Jesus H.--I'm Behind Already!

I was just sauntering over to check out the site, and POP! There's a cool banner! And people are already intelligently writing about books! CRAP! I thought I was doing well because I had started reading PI and was so pleased that I found his writing clever. I haven't even GOTTEN to the boat part yet! CRAP!

I am heading to Vegas on Thursday for a long weekend and I will finish my PI on the plane. Wait--who am I kidding?! I will be busy reading this and this because I hate flying and I can't focus on any actual reading in case I hear any noises that are out of line during a regular flight. And yes, I can still hear the noises through my iPod. If the flight goes smoothly after an hour or so, I may be able to focus long enough to finish my January issue of this, but I make no promises.

It is my hope that I will come back from my weekend away with something more interesting to say about the book other than the fact that the writer is clever.

3 comments:

Andie D. said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Once everyone finishes the book, I have questions ready. I'm still not sure I've made up my mind about a couple of things. But I'll wait. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaah. I'm still on the first chapter of Pi. But the issue of Esquire with Sienna Miller on the cover? EXCELLENT.

I'm also reading a book for the Parent Bloggers Network-- the review for which may get me kicked out. I haven't wanted to throw a book our the window so badly since I tried (and failed) to read Stupid White Men.

How do you all feel about having an open discussion about Pi on the 27th-28th of this month?

Andie D. said...

27th - 28th for Pi works for me.

Esquire? Do you subscribe? I've been a reader for close to 7 years!